At the AGM of the Southampton Chess League all of the officers were re-elected unopposed, while a motion was passed to allow a grading difference of 20 or more points as opposed to 10 in selecting teams in board order when one of the players has the letter F attached to the grade meaning they have played relatively few games. The ECF does not recognise grades with the letter F attached in any of its’ best player lists.
The draw for the Robertson Cup is first round –
- Ringwood A v University B,
- Winchester A v Chandlers Ford B,
- Andover v Chandlers Ford A,
- Southampton A v Fareham A
with the second round draw being
A vSouthampton B,
- Hamble A v Ringwood A or University B,
- Salisbury A v Winchester A or Chandlers Ford B,
- Andover A or Chandlers Ford A v Southampton A or Fareham A.
The plate draw is
- Ringwood A or University B v Winchester A or Chandlers Ford B
- Andover A or Chandlers Ford B v Southampton A or Fareham A.