News from the English Chess Federation that they have made their annual yearbook available as a free download for 2020, a copy may be obtained from https://www.englishchess.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Yearbook-2020-complete.pdf
Running to 200 pages the yearbook is an excellent resource with tournaments news, results, game analysis and lots of other content that includes the Hampshire Chess Congress which gets a mention on page 50.
The yearbook contains some great annotated games and articles which are very much worth spending some time on. For example, annotated games include the following –
- D. Gormally vs M. Hebden, Hull 2019 – Ruy Lopez
- J. Rudd – M. Adams, Round 1 – Giuoco Piano
- D. Howell – M. Adams, Round 7 – Nimzo-Indian Defence
- M. Adams – R. Pert, Round 8 – Caro-Kann Defence,
- J. Emms – R. Haria, Round 9 – French Defence
I would of course enjoyed more Hampshire related content but this is a great free offering from the ECF and they should be applauded for it. You may download or read online your free copy at https://www.englishchess.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Yearbook-2020-complete.pdf
Well done ECF!