The Hampshire Chess Association Annual General Meeting was held on Wednesday 14th June 2017, here follows a summary report.
Present – John Wiseman, John Wheeler, Gillian Moore, Chris Priest, Malcolm Clarke, Roger Marsh, Rob Davies, David Fowler, John Upham.
- Website – Mickey Blake’s update much appreciated.
- So’ton League are considering sending regular updates to Mickey.
- County Championship Quarter-Finals (Under-140) – we lost narrowly to Yorkshire. ECF – Membership fees are going up. And game fee is expected to be abolished, but non-members will be able to play 3 games before sanctions for non-membership kick in. More details expected later.
- Finance – we made a loss of £309.56, entirely due to the increased cost of Eastleigh College. Our balance now stands at £1,111-14, which is below the target of £1,500. The treasurer is proposing increases in affiliation fees, and in entry-fees for the Eastleigh Congress.
- Election of officers – Chris Priest steps up to be President and John Wiseman steps down to be VicePresident. Junior Organiser is vacant/abolished, but Chris Priest is delegate to HJCA, and John Upham is the HJCA delegate to us.
- The meeting approved a proposal that HJCA be affiliated to HCA. John Upham outlined current activities and status of HJCA.
- Fees for 2017/18. Base rate will be £1.60, translating to £8.00 per League team affiliation fees. No change to county match board fees.
- Next season’s county matches – continue with two teams in the Chiltern League, and hopefully continue with a team in the Under-140 National Quarter-Finals – but we do not have to commit ourselves to this just yet.
- Eastleigh Congress, The proposed entry-form with increased fees etc was approved. 3-5 November 2017.
The meeting closed at 9.35 pm